Monday, November 15, 2010
Hope
I think I have said before that we are reading the book Night by Elie Wiesel. I think that it really shows some hope that the Jews had. They kept saying that everything was going to turn out alright. They didn't realize till later on when they were there for a year and still hadn't realized that they were at a place that could very well be a grave for them. They just kept thinking on and on that if they make it through that day they would be able to make it the next day and they just kept saying that as the day went by so that they would not give up. The German's wanted them to think so they could think of ways to pick off all of the weak people so they don't have to waste food. An example that is from the book I found that one quote that he had in there really touched me about hope and life.Every bomb that we heard hit the ground gave us hope that we were going to be free and the next day would be easier because we had to go and repair the damage that had been done.It makers me really sad when they say that it fills them with hope when their people are getting killed by the bombings and they are glad because the next days work is going to be easier because they have to pick up and rebuild the damage that has been done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't understand how the could have lived through that. It seems as if hope was the only thing that kept them alive.
ReplyDelete